Neighbourhood shared caring within and beyond Highgate at Ten
Highgate at Ten has seven Local Communities that encompass members of the congregation that live roughly in the same geographical area. The purpose of these groups is to help members of the church get to know each other better so we can nurture a greater mindfulness of and care for each other.
If you are a regular attendee at our Highgate at Ten service and you haven’t already been allocated a Local Community Group please email the church office and your details will be passed on to our coordinator.
Here are some quotes on Community that we feel help to describe the essence of Local Community Groups in our congregation:
“Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen”. 1 Peter: 4: 8-11
“I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” Mother Teresa.
Local Communities work together building relationships and caring for each other. Below are some of the benefits that we enjoy from participating in our Local Communities.
* Our ministers have been made aware of people who have gone into care or are in hospital because of visits from Local Community members.
* Children now know the names of older members of the congregations (and vice versa) and both are keen to engage on Sunday mornings and during Local Community events.
* People know that others in their group are praying for them so that they feel supported and cared for.
* People reconnecting with church members when they have been sporadic in their church attendance over the last while.
* Local Community people, who might not have normally connected, getting to know each other a bit better and therefore feeling that they can engage more meaningfully with each other.
* Fun activities shared together that have enabled us to enjoy not only each other’s company but also our beautiful city more fully.
For more information see our FAQ’s page